April 30, 2012

The Good Side of Yellow: Canary


Yellow is a super colour, it just makes me happy! It also happens to be the colour of choice for my future sister law as she has selected it for the stationary and accents for their upcomming wedding in September, yay!

It gives punch to a mixed colour palette, it looks great on its own backed with black, white or grey, but get the tone of your yellow wrong and it just doesn’t quite cut it. Gone are the watery, pastel yellows and in are the acidic, electric, mustard canary hues, use a little or a lot.

There is a lot going on in this image, but the first thing I see is the yellow accent pops!

Schumacher Trina Turk Trellis Print Colour Citrine
This isn't the best quality image but I still think it is sensational, large check silk drapes, yes please :)
I love how clean this image is, just black, white, grey and yellow - The one and only Kelly Wearstler

Schumacher Scollop Colour Sun
Besides this being the best upholstery example of Schumacher's Imperial Trellis, take away the acid yellow accents in this room is boring. 
Just a little makes a big statement.

Schumacher Studio Bon Textile Collection Grass Colour Sun
I wish I could make this image larger, I love the drapes with the yellow trim, that does it for me!


For more beautiful splashes of Canary yellow check out my Pinterest page http://pinterest.com/bobbinscissors/the-good-side-canary-yellow/

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Such a beautiful shade of yellow. I wonder if Ben will let me incorporate these looks into our home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of you when I posted this, I think we should work on him!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...