January 27, 2012

Monday's Lesson: Pattern 101 Imperial Trellis [one of my most loved patterns]

For anyone out there thinking of writing a blog, just a heads up, the second entry is the hardest! I say this because I have a whole list of things I want to share with you over the coming months and trying to prioritise them all is a big call.
 
I was intending to write that the Imperial Trellis is my most loved pattern, but as my fingers hit the keys I think of all the plaids & stripes, herringbones and houndstooths that I love and find the need to re-phrase my statement. So here it is ‘The Imperial Trellis is what I consider the most timeless and elegant of patterns’.

History proves it, having originally been a pattern reserved for use in the royal palaces of eastern rulers, the Imperial Trellis had a revival in the 70’s and is once again seeing the light of day, timeless!






Courtesy of the Design Files
Courtesy of Gathering Moss
Courtesy of Decor Pad

The most commonly featured Imperial Trellis is by Schumacher for Kelly Wearstler, available as both fabric and wallpaper. However most fabric houses have their own twist on the classic.
Schumacher for Kelly Wearstler - Imperial Trellis
Robert Allen for Dwell Studio - Gate
Waverly - Lovely Lattice Jungle

If you’re interested in more ways to incorporate Imperial Trellis and other trellis patterns into your decorating, check out my Pinterest board http://pinterest.com/bobbinscissors/pattern-101-imperial-trellis/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...